- Plug your wireless charger into a power source using the Mini USB cable that comes in the box. When connected, the small LED in the charging pad will show a red colour.
- Put your Trax in the middle of the charging surface with the logo facing up.
- When your Trax is correctly positioned, a purple/blue LED light will show on the charging pad and the LED light on your Trax will begin to flash green.
- If your Trax has been updated to the latest available firmware it will be fully charged after a period of 2 hours (depends on the battery level at the time charging begins) at which point the LED will show a solid green colour.
- If your Trax device has not been updated to the latest available firmware, the LED on the device will only flash green when on the charging pad and it will not show an updated battery status in the app. The device battery will still be charging, but there will not be an indication of it being fully charged until the firmware has been updated.
When charging your device from a completely drained battery, it may take up to 30 minutes for your Trax device to indicate that it is beginning to charge.
- Connect your wireless charging pad to a power source and place your Trax device on the charging pad. Keep the device on the charging pad while updating the firmware.
- Activate Bluetooth services on your mobile device.
- Go to “Menu” in the SnowTrax app.
- Select “More” from the top menu (the last button with three dots symbol).
- Select “Update devices”. Your list of active devices will be displayed on the screen with their Bluetooth ID number.
- In case you do not see the Bluetooth ID, click on the two inverted arrows and it will refresh the search page.
- Tap on the list for the device you want to update.
- The update progression bar will be displayed on the screen. Your Trax is being updated to the latest firmware version.
- Once the device is updated, you can see the latest firmware version in Tracker Settings.
- Take the device out in an open area and try to get a GPS signal and mobile connection.
As part of your POC purchase you will receive a Data Plan activation code. After adding your Trax GPS device (using the ID & PIN provided in the box) to your account in the SnowTrax app, you will be asked to enter the activation code you received. Enter the code to activate your dataplan.
If the SnowTrax app doesn’t automatically ask for an activation code, go into Tracker Settings and tap on ADD SUBSCRIPTION button.
- Go to the Geofences list in the upper menu of the app.
- Tap “ADD GEOFENCE”.
- Zoom in on the area of the map that you want the Geofence to be in.
- Start drawing your fence by taping on a starting point on the map.
- Add more sides to the geometrical form by tapping on the screen. Each tap will create a new line. Draw the fence 10m bigger than the area needed, to minimise false alerts.
- When you are ready, click back on the first point to close the fence.
- Name your Geofence, adjust notifications and schedule settings, then “Save”.
- Tap on your Geofence on the map or in the list of Geofences in the menu.
- Tap “Edit”. Move the points of the Geofence to adjust the shape or size and tap the centre once complete.
- “Save” to apply the new adjustments.